Friday, May 13, 2011

Olympic gold its not but I will take the pin!

A small group of us were allowed to tour the Olympic village today. Kevin was our host and did a great job in showing us around the huge complex and answering many questions. The park has been purposefully located in some of the poorest Burroughs in the UK and the hope is it will usher in Urban renewal to the area. The buildings were amazing and we were told the project is under budget and ahead of schedule.

At the end of our visit Kevin gave each one of us lapel pins with the 2012 Olympic symbol, this particular pin will not be issued to the public so I am sure it will gain in value over night. I may use it to finance my next visit to London in 2016; actually it will be a great keep sake from this trip and I really appreciate our host and his willingness to spend the afternoon with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment